Our Twin Flame is an external representation and reflection of our internal opposite gender. As a male, our Twin Flame will be the external version of our Anima (internal feminine), and as a female, our Twin Flame will be the external version of our Animus (internal masculine). External reality is merely a reflection (effect) of internal reality (cause); it’s not that our internal other completes us, it’s that they ARE already an aspect of us, and that we must become aware of their presence within us. Thus, to find our Twin Flame, we cannot go outside searching for them as a physical being, but rather, we must go within and get to know our internal opposite.
The process of meeting our internal other does not require visualization of an external relationship, but self-reflection, self-observation, shadow work, and anima/animus work. This is accomplished through healing the dysfunctions we picked up as children in our family and culture of origin, and correcting the relationship patterns we inherited from our bloodlines. In short, we must make both the unconscious and subconscious conscious; in this way, we become aware of who we are to such an extent, that we can then project our internal other out onto the external canvas of reality, and experience them as a physical manifestation in our lives.
Unfortunately, many people approach the Twin Flame phenomena from an external locus of control, meaning that they perceive that they are an effect of life, and not the cause. With this externalized worldview and perception, any experience they have with a so-called Twin Flame is in actuality hoping that they will find somebody “out there” (cause) that can make them happy inside (effect); thus they are living in a self-created fantasy world. This worldview reverses cause and effect, and as a result, creates a negative feedback loop that traps the individual in a perpetual cycle of chasing experiences without fulfillment; it’s the serpent eating its tail.
Those of us with an internal locus of control, who have exercised our volition to meet ourselves fully from within, do not need to chase experiences, as we are instead able to consciously create our experiences through the discovery of meaning. The more we know ourselves, ugly shadows and all, the more capable we are of consciously manifesting our intentions out onto the external canvas of reality. Therefore, when we know our internal other, we will experience our internal other as an external manifestation in our reality, and the less we know our internal other, we will experience our internal confusion and dysfunction as an external manifestation in our reality.
If we have a problem with our supposed Twin Flame soul mate, it is because we are still lacking self-knowledge and an internal identity, and are experiencing the same relationship patterns between our internal masculine and feminine outside of us with our partner(s). It is never the fault of our external companion, and believing such is the hallmark of a victim mindset and identity, rather, it is OUR lack of self-knowledge and insight that is the core issue that WE must consciously choose to resolve. When we master this concept, and truly work the process of going within to correct the core mental patterns responsible for our dysfunctional experiences, we will slowly learn to create a satisfying and abundant experience with the external reflection of our internal counterpart.
Related Hermetic Principles alluded to in this post:
- Mentalism – “The All is mind; the Universe is mental.” If All is mind, then we must master our various minds (conscious, unconscious, subconsciousness, etc) in order to experience fulfilling relationships.
- Correspondence – “As above, so below, as within, so without, as the microcosm, so the macrocosm, as consciousness, so technology.” Our external relationships are a direct reflection of our internal state of being, which comprises of our various layers of mind and psychological development.
- Vibration – “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.” We resonate at a particular vibration based upon our internal state of being and level of psychological wholeness. This vibration will better meld with other like minded people and circumstances that are in alignment with our vibration, and repel those who are not.
- Polarity – “Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites.” Learning how to polarize to generate magnetism is a key ingredient into attracting a partner, and not only staying attracted to each other, but generating ever more closeness and depth through magnetic polarization of one’s masculine or feminine polarity.
- Rhythm – “The pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.” Tuning into the natural rhythms of life allows us to both navigate and ride it to our desired outcomes.
- Cause & Effect – Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause.” Is the external cause and the internal effect, or is the internal cause and the external effect? Do you make relationships happen in an intentional manner, or do they happen, or not happen, to you?
- Gender – “Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.” Mastering one’s gender, through working through and creating clarity between one’s internal masculine and feminine principles allows for that clarity to manifest outside of a person in a deeply fulfilling relationship. Otherwise, only one’s internal confusion, drama, and dullness will be manifested outside of them in their relationships.
THE UNITY PROCESS: I’ve created an integrative methodology called the Unity Process, which combines the philosophy of Natural Law, the Trivium Method, Socratic Questioning, Jungian shadow work, and Meridian Tapping—into an easy to use system that allows people to process their emotional upsets, work through trauma, correct poor thinking, discover meaning, set healthy boundaries, refine their viewpoints, and to achieve a positive focus. You can give it a try by contacting me for a private session.
Did you enjoy the article? Show your appreciation and buy me a coffee: