The “Law of Attraction” is not a New Age concept, although it is talked about predominantly by New Age gurus, but it actually stems from the fabled teacher Hermes Trismegistus, or the “Thrice Great Hermes”, who first observed the “Seven Hermetic Principles”. These principles are self-evident observations about the nature of the Universe, and the aspects that the All has made manifest to us about itself, also known as “Natural Law”. According to the Kybalion, these seven principles are:
- Mentalism – The All is mind; the Universe is mental.
- Correspondence – As above, so below, as within, so without, as the microcosm, so the macrocosm, as consciousness, so technology.
- Vibration – Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.
- Polarity – Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites.
- Rhythm – The pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.
- Cause & Effect – Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause.
- Gender – Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.
These seven principles can be found secretly encoded into most religious texts, but are discussed more openly within each religion’s corresponding mystical sects, such as Gnosticism, Kabbalah, Sufism, Tantra, and Taoism. Additionally, most of the mystery schools, secret societies, Alchemists, and pagan branches also have these seven principles encoded within them, although their interpretations and understandings will vary drastically based on the goals of each movement.
The mastery of the seven principles is what allows one to master the “Law of Attraction”, but unfortunately, “positive thinking” is a drastic oversimplification of applying these observations of nature. Hermeticists seek to apply these principles from the inside-out, through transmuting their baser instincts of lead into the higher intellect of gold, in order to live in harmony and balance with nature, and all who inhabit our wonderful world. However, dark Hermeticists use these principles outside-in to control and feed upon others, and to use less aware beings as pawns for their own selfish purposes.
The consciousness of the individual soul is what determines how they will interpret these seven natural principles, either as a way to experience personal sovereignty from the inside-out, or as a way to infect others with their own disempowered worldview. In the Neutral/Gray path there is a deepening of understanding that expands as the adherent grows into self-knowledge, integration, and awareness, but along the parasitic paths there is a contraction of self-knowledge and awareness, as it is fueled by a distorted view of truth that is only meant to fuel selfish lusts and greed for power over others.
Mastering of the Seven Hermetic Principles does indeed allow for a miraculous life, as miracles do not defy the laws of nature, nor is their source from beyond nature, for they are the effects of having perfectly aligned with nature. Therefore, if you wish to live a miraculous life — align yourself with nature and its self-evident principles. ~Nathan & Aline
To learn more about the Seven Hermetic Principles, please check out the book “The Kybalion“, written by the Three Initiates. Please realize that their interpretation of the seven principles is not the interpretation of Hermes Trismegistus, but their own understanding, which at times is still outside-in rather than inside-out. It is up to you as the seeker to refine, discern, and expand your awareness of Self through mastering these seven principles, in order to experience gnosis from the inside-out and achieve the sovereignty that your soul craves.
For more articles on the Hermetic Principles, Natural Law, and Alchemy, please see the following categories:
- The Unity Process’s Video Class Series on the Seven Hermetic Principles
- Mark Passio & the Seven Hermetic Principles
- Hermetic Principles
- Natural Law
- Law of Attraction (…and this article too: Polarized or Dualized)
- Alchemy (Shadow work and the Unity Process)
- The Emerald Tablets of Thoth
- The Kybalion
- Light, Dark, Gray, & Hermetic Magic
THE UNITY PROCESS: I’ve created an integrative methodology called the Unity Process, which combines the philosophy of Natural Law, the Trivium Method, Socratic Questioning, Jungian shadow work, and Meridian Tapping—into an easy to use system that allows people to process their emotional upsets, work through trauma, correct poor thinking, discover meaning, set healthy boundaries, refine their viewpoints, and to achieve a positive focus. You can give it a try by contacting me for a private session.
Did you enjoy the article? Show your appreciation and buy me a coffee: